I was reading some of the web pages I’ve saved in Evernote and came across this article. I thought I would share it with you. Artists, writers, scientists, and musicians are often introverts. I am very much an introvert and especially relate to Myth #9.
Let me tell you about introverts. This is a genetic characteristic of a small percentage (15%) of the population and an absolutely essential one to moving the human race forward. Besides, there are some important differences between the brains of introverts and extroverts. You can’t change.
All about Introverts
1. We choose our words carefully so others don’t have to wade through a river of words to understand what we are saying.
2. We have imagination and rich inner worlds.
3. We are more likely to access our innermost thoughts and creative ideas because we embrace solitude.
4. We are capable of great focus, which comes in handy when completing pretty much any task … Read more
I recently received an email from “PayPal” asking me to verify my account. It had the PayPal logo and looked like it was from a special division that handled that sort of thing. We have just moved so I thought the email might be in response to that.
I started to fill out the form. The first page wanted my name and address; no warning bells went off since this is public information anyone can access. Then I came to a page that wanted my social security number! That set off all kinds of bells – police sirens, church bells, car horns, etc. and I stopped right there.
I got out of that email and opened up my PayPal account. There was nothing about having to verify anything or anything else, for that matter. I sent an email to them and this was their reply. I thought you might be interested. Staying … Read more
by Jerri Hines
This book is set at the beginning of the Revolutionary War and tells the story of a young woman whose father is the British governor of South Carolina. He sends her to England for her safety where a whole lot of bad things happen to her, she returns to South Carolina where even more bad things happen to her, after which she returns to England where she suffers even more bad things. That’s about it as far as the plot goes.
Here are the reasons I gave it one star:
1. There are numerous typos, incorrect words used, missing words and incomprehensible sentences. At one point I started a new chapter and quickly realized the text on the first page was a direct copy/paste of the last page of the previous chapter.
2. … Read more
To have a sacred place is an absolute necessity for anybody today. You must have a room or a certain hour of the day or so, where you do not know who your friends are, you don’t know what you owe anybody or what they owe you. This is a place where you can simply experience and bring forth what you are and what you might be.